Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Readers Journal #18

                                                                                                  1/3/2012

Dear Sharon Alfandary, 

     This week i finished the book Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy By Ally Carter, which is the second book of the series after the book you read this year: I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You. I recommend this book to you because you already read the first book and you can tell what it will be about. And also i know you will love it just as much as you liked the first book. The first book is a bit better then the second but now there's more guys involved! I'm going to spoil it for you a bit, There school isn't an only girl school anymore! Which means more guys that like Cammie. 

    My favorite quote in the book is "A spies worst enemy is Overconfidence" -Cammie On page 73. I agree with this quote because its not only about spies. Overconfidence is never good. Too much of it makes you so confident. Then you have expectations for things that don't come true. Or didn't exactly meet your expectations. Be confident but never too much. 

   The genre of this book is Realistic Fiction, because this story is believable. But not real the setting and characters are made up, The story is not true. As you know, some of the characters in this book are Cammie which is the main character and everything is told from her perspective. Bex and Macey are Cammie's best friends. Some of the new guys in her school are Zach, Grant and Jonas. Not a lot is mentioned about Jonas and grant! so find out! But Zach is like the new Josh for Cammie ! Cammie is the protagonist and there are no antagonists. The setting of this book is Gallagher Academy, In the winter time. Which isn't mentioned but i'm guessing it is rainy and snows.

    In the Exposition of the book, Cammie and her mom arrive to the 'dressing room' at the mall (where everyone from Gallagher meet after summer). Rising Action, Cammie flies out to Gallagher to finally see her two best friends after summer vacation. Climax is when Cammie gets new guys in her class! Falling Action Cammie meets Zach, and in the resolution they date ! which i find adorable because there even cuter together then her and josh! which was really cute. The tone and mood of the book is mysterious! everyone is very mysterious at times and there's a lot of spies and missions which always keeps you wondering.

   The point of view of this book is first person because Cammie is talking about her self. The author put them self in Cammie's place, the pronouns me, i , we are used a lot. The pattern of organization of this book is flashback, there are many memories Cammie thinks about while in the middle of a scene. Authors Purpose of this book is to entertain us about spies and young romances. 
   
    I rate this book a 10 out of 10, because i loved every part of the book. I was always in the zone and focused It was attention grabbing. 

Love, 
Your Friend 
Raheli Haliva :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Raheli feel honored you dedicated it to me<3

    I think your readers journal is amazing, i a lot of improvement !

    Love,
    Sharon Alfandary

    ReplyDelete