Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reader's Journal #19 - Science Fiction

                                                                                                                           1/10/12

Dear Bailey Levy,

             This week ive been reading the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Ever since i saw on my Tumblr dashboard the winner or more than one of district 12 i was dying to finish the book already so i went ahead like you told me i should. 

          “Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games” -Peeta Mellark. I chose this quote because The Capitol thinks of them as toys fighting in there box which they can only leave if they win. They think they could just do whatever, because there in charge.
        
The capitol wants entertainment. They want what could get them money. It doesn't bother them that 23 teenagers die every year from just there "Games". Which i think is Pathetic. There population is decreasing just for the money to increase. The genre of this book is Science Fiction, which is a made up or predicted story that will take place in the future having to do with science or technology. The protagonist of this book is Katniss, The antagonist of this book is the Careers. The setting of this book is Panem, In the Arena, the weather changes all the time because the game makers decided to get bored and like to see some action when nothing happens.

            In the Exposition was the reaping and Introducing district 12. In the Rising action Katniss became friends with Peeta and they both were training for the games. The climax was when the famous quote was told "Ladies and gentlemen let the seventy fourth Hunger Games begin!" which is my favorite quote. The falling action is where i am at right now in the book, when Katniss and Peeta actually fall in love not pretending.
     
         The tone of this book is very anxious, my mood as the reader is suspenseful. The theme of this book is Survival and Freedom, the moral is usually clear at the end of the book which i didn't reach yet!  The author's perspective is first person since the narrator speaks as Katniss using the words I, Me, We....  The pattern of organization is flashback, because Katniss has many flashbacks of district 12.

         I rate this book a 10 out of 10, I never thought it would be so good! Definitely attention grabbing! I couldn’t put my book down at most times! I recommend this book to all teenagers, because you will understand how lucky you are to have food and a home. Some people would love to trade and be in your place.
                                               Love,
                                    Raheli Haliva
       

No comments:

Post a Comment