9-12-11
Dear Mrs. Zrihen,
This Week I read the book "Flipped" by Wendelin Van Draanon. "Maybe my mom's right. Maybe there is more to Bryce Loski than i know, And maybe its time to meet him in a proper way" -Julianna. On page 212, I Picked this quo nbte because wow i never thought she would notice it! How much she annoyed him and made a mistake for bothering him like that when they were little! But Although she did bother him a lot, at the end it happened. They happened. After 6 years of her flipping over him. After 6 years, Bryce started thinking about her in a different way a better way. More than just friends.
The Genre of this book is Realistic fiction, Romace, and Drama, It is romance since it it a love story, but it is possible for it to happen in real life so thats why it is Realistic Fiction, It is Dramatic since many fights and arguments happen in this book! The two main characters in this book are Julianna and Bryce. When julianna was first descibed in the book as tis little annoying and obssesed girl. Now Julianna is sweet and nice, Bryce was first described annoyed! But now i think of him as in love. Bryce and Julianna are round characters. They are also both the Protagonists, There are no Antagonists in the book.
The setting of this book is all year long, There is no specific Place, all that is mentioned is there neighborhood, since there neighbors. Weather conditions change all year since the book talks about 6 years of there lives. The Plot structure is in The Exposition Julianna flipped when she met bryce. In the rising action Julianna started getting over Bryce, Climax was That Bryce started liking Julianna, If the falling action Bryce and Julianna were put to seat together in science, which made them get along better. The Resolution were Bryce and Julianna Dating and in love. The tone of this book was dramatic! and annoyed! Both were annoyed by eachother at some parts! My mood was definetly excited and happy, to see them together, well at least i wish i saw it.
The Moral of this story is No, just since there was no love at first site doesn't mean there is no love. In my opinion, Love at first sight is looks which don't matter. Therefor, There is no love. The authors point of view was first person using the words "I, WE"... the authors purpose was to entertain about a love story from a young age. The authors perspective was biased since the story was written in many point of views. The conflict of this book is character vs. society, Julianna vs. Bryce. The pattern of organization is spatial, since the location of the two houses were described in the book. I rate this book a 9 out of 10 because the beginning was slow! but it just kept on getting better! I would recommend this book to all the girls, Because i doubt guys will have as much feeling into the book and it won't grab there attention.
Love,
Your student,
Raheli Haliva.
Dear Raheli,
ReplyDeleteGood job! I really enjoyed reading your readers journal. I have some questions to ask:
-What are some of the strategies that you used before, during, and after reading?
-Does this book have any foil characters? If so, who?
-You said the conflict is character vs. society but what is the actual conflict?
-Why is the conflict man vs. society?
-What is the theme of this book?
- Were there any figurative language in the book? If so, what were they?
I look forward to reading your response.
Love,
Ioana Barbu
Dear Raheli,
ReplyDeleteI love your Rj i enjoyed reading the Rj
From Rachel Peretz
Dear Raheli,
ReplyDeleteI have read what you posted on my blog.
I don't really know if it should be recommended to girls or guys.
It's mostly a book for anyone.
But if I had to recommend it, I would recommend it to boys because of the reason you said; romance.
Thanks, Leenoy
It's also funny how we read the book btw
ReplyDelete